Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Connection refused" on Yahoo Romania

Yahoo Connection Refused
Yahoo Romania: Connection refused
Tuesday, 4 February 2014, in the evening, while I was trying to see my emails, I got some unexpected and inexplicable errors and, after a page refresh, all I could see were only two words on a white page: "Connection refused".

As showed in my screenshot, this problem has happened with the Romanian Yahoo portal. But also it affected Yahoo Mail and Yahoo News.

I have noticed that it did not affect Yahoo Answers. I can't say if the Messenger was affected as I was not connected at that time. But I guess it did not worked either.

I have tried to open www.yahoo.com using several different browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Chromium and Midori, but with the same result. All the other websites were looking OK, all the other pages were loading fine, so I think it is not a local connection problem but it is something odd happening with Yahoo.

The problem lasted for about one hour and when, finally Yahoo portal was back, all I could see was the American version. Usually, when I type www.yahoo.com in the address bar I am redirected to ro.yahoo.com which is the address of Yahoo Romania. This time, still, all I could see was the English version which I guess it means that Yahoo Romania "recovered" much later.

I can't tell when Yahoo Romania was back online as I did not had the patience to wait and see, but I guess it did took a while. And I also guess this was quite a serious problem.

I did a search on the internet about all this. Apparently Yahoo has an entire history of such issues. I'm not sure if I should feel relieved thinking that this also happened to others before, or I should be worried because such a giant as Yahoo seems to be unreliable.

Anyhow, bellow is a short list of OLD articles about the problem I experienced recently.

06 July 2007 - Yahoo down
08 April 2009 - Connection refused by Yahoo Mail
14 Octombrie 2010 - Yahoo Down (article on Techcrunch.com)
14 Octombrie 2010 - Yahoo Down (article on Huffingtonpost.com)

2 comments:

  1. Hello-

    I have a simple question you may help with. A friend who lives in Romania gave me their email address. It was yahoo. two letters. At the time I thought it was a typo and they meant .com but I was wrong. Is there an alternative ending for yahoo email addresses in Romania to .com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This service will help them to register for a new account and or even solve any of the Gmail problems that are there. So, if any of the customers are having problems like difficulty in creating an account or signing up for one, they can easily seek help from the customer service and they can help out. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0kZrnZTkuR_TkpKb1NWcFluWDQ

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
You are welcome to share your thoughts.
Please, keep in mind that a polite tone is best for real communication.